Saturday, October 24, 2009

welcome to paradise

I feel like I've been slacking lately in blogging. My course load this semester is killer and I feel like I'm always reading about bombing Vietnam or crunching numbers. I constantly feel like I’m running around, working myself too hard. So today, I took some time to just breathe...

welcome to paradise blog board

I don't think too many people know this but the deciding factors for me coming to the Honors College were the arboretum and the bougainvillea trellises. (Actually, I think the only person I who actually knew that was my mom.) I find that having access to gorgeous flowers and butterflies gives me a little something to be happy about, even when I'm stressed out. Let me amend that: having a place I can disappear into the plants for a while is an amazing way to destress in a hurry.

field of grain
playing in the garden
field of wishes

Anyway, today I took a walk in the late afternoon. Hello golden hour! For those of you who don’t speak photographer fluently, as the sun gets closer to the horizon, the light becomes a rich golden hue and looks absolutely stunning.

maple flare

The only thing I can think to say is "welcome to paradise."

No comments:

Post a Comment