Saturday, October 3, 2009

To the lovely dancing lights, I begged, "may I cut in?"

Yesterday was Kat's birthday. [I want to say 'today' because I haven't slept yet but it's no longer October 2nd.] I remember when she first found me on MySpace to tell me she saw me around campus and decided we should be best friends. A few months later, we moved in together and started making Odd Couple jokes. Yes, Kat is one of those people who cleans when she's stressed while my desk accumulates random paper. That is what makes us so great together. We are so alike in so many ways, yet we are just different enough to be able to carry on a conversation.

In honor of her twenty-third birthday, I brought her a balloon and told her I was giving her an impromptu photo shoot. I assume she was expecting it because she bought a new dress. Here are my three favorite shots from the night.
Kat birthday triptych
She looks absolutely gorgeous and I think anyone who knows her should go remind her. Usually, I see Miss Kat in comfortable clothes, playing on the floor with Mr. Preston. It's so nice to see her having a night off from being mommy to live up to her rock star potential.

Happy Birthday Kat! May you have many more and remember that you're still young, totally beautiful inside and out, and capable of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment