Friday, January 15, 2010

there's a reason I have a tag for "apology"

dear home,
I'm trying to get back in the swing of school/go through the 850ish photos from Ohio/fight off a cold and so I've technically been gone over a month. At the moment, the going is somewhat slow but I couldn't let you think I had forgotten you.

In the mean time, I thought I'd share something completely unrelated because it's kind of important to me and I feel it really puts into perspective why I keep this blog. I have anxiety which tends to get the best of me if I don't fight it tooth and nail. There are days where it genuinely is a struggle to get out of my room for class, let alone go someplace with my camera and shoot. In a lot of ways, having a blog and sharing the adventures I do go on and the amazing photos I bring back allows me to remind myself why I need to get out and live. Addressing my posts to 'home' is both writing to the people in my life and snubbing my nose at the fear that tries to hold me back.

One of my friends organized an event on Facebook which she called Say What You Mean To Say in which she asked for us to change our profile picture for today only to a photo that says something we haven't necessarily been able to say but would like to (or need to, as the case may be). This is mine.

I haven't fully decided what I mean by it yet. But I do know that I want to be able to work in the field without being held back by my anxiety, regardless of what career I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment