Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I was dreaming of a white Christmas... [trip part four]

...but it didn't snow those days.

Previous installments of snowy Ohio adventures can be found here, here, and here.

On December 23rd, the night before the night before Christmas, the entire extended family piled into a limo to see the amazing display in Wheeling, West Virginia. (It was a pretty surreal experience.)

This panorama is made from 4 shots, all taken from the moving vehicle. It wasn't easy, but I had a ton of fun doing it.





We're not going to mention how I uh... was walking around in just a long-sleeve shirt and jeans, in the cold, to get the previous shot and the next two. Those tulip lights were so beautiful that I almost forgot that I was cold. Almost. By the end, I had Grandpa Butch's hat and was hugging him and Grandma Linda for the body heat.



Christmas Eve, everyone is allowed to open one present. Cassie opened the hat I knit her and immediately decided to imitate a kitty. Maybe putting jingle bells in the pompoms is the equivalent of giving her catnip.


Christmas morning was hysterical. Being a nice Jewish girl, I've never really done the wake-up-early-and-wake-the-entire-house-so-I-can-open-presents thing. But this year, I had a stocking and presents under a tree.

The only things missing were mistletoe and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment