Friday, April 29, 2011

little moments

I haven't been taking a lot of pictures recently because my heart medicine has been wrecking havoc on my nerves in my left hand and arm. There, I said it. Once again, my heart is keeping me from doing what I want to be doing. While the doctors and I are working on fixing things so I can get back to being a Photoshop-addicted shutterbug, things are slowing down on the blog. At the moment, I am having a rather difficult time as I am reducing the dosage of my medicine to get my arm back to useful again. What's a girl to do to battle the difficulties and take advantage of her arm while ignoring the pain? Obviously, I decided to toss my telephoto lens on my 50D (the heavier of my DSLRs and my favorite) and go for a walk. I looked up and down and all around and just tried to appreciate the little details.

I found a crayon and I smiled. And then I smiled some more when I got back to my computer and realized the angle I took the shots gave me a pretend tilt shift depth of field.
urban crayon diptych
I twirled in the golden afternoon sunlight reflecting off the paving stones and soaked in every ray and lens flare I could.
afternoon crossing diptych
I marveled over how strange it is that Abacoa wants to be this perfect place when the beauty is in the imperfections.
leaning streetlight diptych
peeling Main Street sign
I enjoyed the details that were just perfect in that moment as I took the shot, knowing that this moment was mine and mine alone.
hibiscus and lamp
sidewalk cloud
red pipe
I befriended some birds and worked on my tree faces project some more.
brown bird
Loggerhead Shrike
tree face party diptych
I wish there were photos of me swinging on the swings. I managed to hold onto the chain and swing really high. It was amazing and I felt like I was flying. It was the first time in a long time I could do that and I don't know when I'll be able to again.
On the walk home, I caught a gorgeous sunset over my beloved B sign.
B sign sunset
It's moments like these that remind me how beautiful the world is, even when I think it sucks sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment