Friday, April 15, 2011

life's a drag sometimes

Believe it or not, I've been shooting a lot. I just haven't been blogging. I missed project 52 last week (and am currently on a crash course with missing it again this week too) because my recent projects have been for people who haven't given me permission to blog them. That, and my health is getting in the way. But I don't want to look back on this and see how much the pain held me back; I only want to see what I did that was so amazing. So now that I've given the obligatory mention of the heart suck, I can move on to what makes my heart shine.
Under things I'm not allowed to share are a Bar Mitzvah, a Girl Scout event, and chasing a toddler around a bookstore. In other words, the fun shoots have to stay top secret.


The good news is that the most off-the-wall shoot I have is completely open to sharing. There was a drag show on campus Wednesday night to kick off the Day of Silence a day early (because of the honors symposium today). I had a great time and I feel like it was beneficial to opening up some difficult dialogue.



















I think the highlight of everyone's night was the question-and-answer session. The emcee was expecting the typical "what's your favorite color?" style questions while the HC audience was asking about proper pronoun use ('she' and 'her') and performing arts training.



[Pictures hosted on Facebook because I didn't want to have my flickr photostream labeled as 'adult content']

No comments:

Post a Comment