Wednesday, March 17, 2010

this is why I do this

I posted a link to my previous post on Kat's Facebook page. This was her reply:

"I read this for the first time last night with Derek, and we had a bit of a cry-fest. You are one of the absolute sweetest, best friends I ever will have. You have no idea how much this post meant to me and Derek (and how much it will mean to Preston one day, as I intend to print it out and make it into some kind of book -- it might become the first chapter of his baby book that I am working on...) I feel so loved and so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.

This is truly the best gift anyone has ever given me (other than Preston, although you did play a great role in making our little family be possible -- from moral and emotional support while I was preggers, to capturing special moments in photos before and after I gave birth, to providing us with baby supplies and the best baby blanket a little boy could ever have...) You have made such an impact in my life, Brenda... I've told you this before, but we are connected in such a profound way. I think soulmate, as you put it, describes it best......

I think your post really reminded Derek and I of how much we mean to each other and how much you mean to our family, as well as how much you are a part of it. I definitely would love it if you could email me the originals of these photos (and the rest) so that I can treasure your phenomenal artistry forever."


Since Kat not only said such wonderful things but reposted the link on her page, you get to see one more photo of her and her boy.
Kat Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment