Tuesday, March 30, 2010

a life full of love and laughter

This weekend was LinZ's wedding. I needed to dye my hair a 'naturally occurring color' but the first attempt didn't take so I got to go to the rehearsal dinner with purple hair. I think I looked beautiful.
50s style
50s style eye
I have a thing for my eyes. I read somewhere once that iris patterns are even more distinctive than fingerprints.

I got all dolled up to be a bridesmaid and surrendered my camera to my mother for the ceremony. I had my hair and makeup done. I did my bridesmaid duties and I'm sure there will be plenty of photos from getting ready and the reception when they trickle in. In the mean time, I would like to share what really matters to me: my camera, my mom, and my Doug.


I took this photo of Doug after messing with my custom white balance and it ended up with a ghastly blue color cast from my flash (oops!) so I hand-tinted it. He's posing with our photo booth photos. I had oversized rhinestone cat's eye glasses and a veil, he had a viking helmet. I kind of want to use those photos to announce our engagement (when we get engaged, so stop panicking mom!) but I digress. The color cast came from trying to properly capture the awesome lighting over the bar.
custom white balance

I always hesitate to post photos of myself but I couldn't resist. This entire post is sort of structured around the idea of "a life full of love and laughter" for me. Watching LinZ marry James made me feel all mushy inside. I want that kind of happiness for myself. And I think I've found it.


I know I have the rest of forever to decide but the way he looks at me, the way that I apparently look at him...

This could be my future. He makes me laugh, especially when my anxiety threatens to overwhelm me. I would love a forever with Doug.

He can even get me to dance, which is quite the accomplishment.


I also spent the reception with my mother, who is most likely halfway to a heart attack by now. Mom, I promise we will at least call you to join us when we elope. Seriously though, my mother adores Doug and the feeling seems to be mutual. I (almost) don't even care how grainy this photo is from being shot at such a high ISO because it shows the people who mean the most to me in this world.

They give me the love and the laughter and always make everything okay.


I have very few photos of or with the bride from her wedding day and I am fine with that. LinZ and I are going to be friends for a long time to come. That, and I get to shoot her trash the dress shoot. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment