Sunday, October 2, 2011

sun, surf, and sky

I've been editing photos for this post for two weeks now. When I went to the beach last, I went a little overboard taking photos. I went because I missed the sea: the sight, the smell, the sound, the feel (but not the taste)... and I was only there an hour but managed to take about 200 photos. Oops.

Fort Lauderdale beach diptych 1
Fort Lauderdale beach 2
Fort Lauderdale beach diptych 2

I was pretty excited to see people parasailing. I would love to be able to take a camera up and have an amazing time. I actually have an underwater camera that I need to renovate so that next time, I can bring you photos from the sky.
Fort Lauderdale beach parasailing
Fort Lauderdale beach parasailing 2

It was a relaxing day. People were tanning, boating, sleeping, skating, swimming, kitesurfing... It was paradise for everyone.
Fort Lauderdale beach diptych 3
Fort Lauderdale beach 5
Fort Lauderdale beach 6
Fort Lauderdale beach 7
Fort Lauderdale beach signs diptych
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer
Fort Lauderdale beach 8
Fort Lauderdale beach 11
Fort Lauderdale beach 12
Fort Lauderdale beach 13
Fort Lauderdale beach 14
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer 4
Fort Lauderdale beach 17
Fort Lauderdale beach 18

I spent a few seconds trying to line up this shot and was so excited when I nailed it. It was a lucky break that the plane was going by.
Fort Lauderdale beach plane parasailers

Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer diptych
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer 6
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer 7
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer 10

As the cruise ship was leaving the port, a woman came over to try to take a photo of it with her iPhone. She asked why I wasn't taking a photo and I said I was waiting. She showed me her snap on her phone and then wandered off. I waited and was rewarded with this.
Fort Lauderdale beach 23
Fort Lauderdale beach 25

Fort Lauderdale beach diptych 4
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer 11
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer 12
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer diptych 2
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer diptych 3

Here are the kitesurfers, coming in at the end of the day. I wish I had gone over and passed on the link to the blog. They were pretty awesome.
Fort Lauderdale beach kitesurfer portrait diptych


This is kind of strange but it makes me so happy. I cropped the photo and then edited it and added a texture. Then, I went back and pasted the final photo over the original shot.
snapshot in time

I started writing this post when I got home from the beach but by the time I was done editing the photos, everything I wrote was outdated. So instead of me telling you my story, why don't you tell me what story you feel the photos are telling you?
Fort Lauderdale beach diptych 5

No comments:

Post a Comment