Saturday, February 4, 2012

this is why I do what I do

I got a letter in the mail today from Doug's great-grandfather, Ralph. GGR, as I affectionately call him, is my penpal and we write back and forth from Ohio to Florida. Today's letter was a simple request: he saw a photo of mine on Facebook from my visit and he wanted a copy. It's a photo of the driveway of his son's house and in the background, you can see the family homestead.

Grandma Linda and Grandpa Butch have since moved to Colorado so this photo is worth even more to Great-Grandpa Ralph now. I'm mailing it out to him today, along with a few other photos from that trip that should mean something to him.
This is why I live my life through my camera: to document the moments and the places and the people that I don't even want to forget.

1 comment: