Monday, February 13, 2012

next stop: Paradise Falls

In years past, I've written mushy Valentine's Day posts. While the story behind this one is pretty mushy too, I fear that the retelling just won't do it justice.

Doug started a few weeks ago, asking if there was anything he needed to do or make for me for Valentine's Day. I asked him for balloons. He decided that he wanted to get me balloons like the ones in Up. If you've ever seen the movie, you know how beautiful and colorful they are. (And Ellie & Carl are one of the cutest couples ever.) Rather than try to explain, I recommend you go watch this montage.

My mister got me balloons and took me to the nature preserve during golden hour for a shoot. This may be one of the best Valentine's Days ever.

balloon shoot 1 diptych
balloon shoot 2 diptych
balloon shoot 3
balloon shoot 4
balloon shoot 5
balloon shoot 6 diptych
balloon shoot 7
balloon shoot 8 diptych
balloon shoot 9
balloon shoot 10 diptych
balloon shoot 11 diptych
balloon shoot 12
balloon shoot 13
balloon shoot 14 diptych
balloon shoot 15 triptych
balloon shoot 16 diptych
balloon shoot 17
balloon shoot 18 diptych
balloon shoot 19
balloon shoot 20 diptych
balloon shoot 21 diptych

"My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you." -Up


Doug, I've loved you since the first adventure. I'll love you until the last. And in between, you and I can go to Paradise Falls or the Dry Tortugas or wherever the wind takes us. Always, forever, and a moose. <3
Supposedly "a picture is worth a thousand words." If that is true, then I want to use the photos I make and take to tell a story. A story about the way I see the world and how I hope the world sees me. I want to tell these stories to the people I know and the people I have yet to meet. Specifically, some of these photos are a letter home to my mother. Others are addressed to friends who are not currently in the same place as I am. Some are intended for individuals who found their way here and are interested in what I have to show them.

one photo a month for 2012