Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mai-Kai

In honor of my dad's 50th birthday, we went out to Mai-Kai, an amazing Polynesian-themed restaurant. I have wanted to visit forever and I finally got to. The dancers held me in thrall and I must have taken 150 photos of them. These are my absolute favorites.

Mai-Kai dancers 1
Mai-Kai dancers 2
Mai-Kai dancers 3

I am so thankful that my camera can handle high ISO because the flame dance was amazing (and for the performers' safety, flash was outlawed).
Mai-Kai fire dancers 1
Mai-Kai fire dancers 2
Mai-Kai fire dancers 3
Mai-Kai fire dancers 4
Mai-Kai fire dancers 5

I'm sorry that this post is so light on words but I don't really know what to say other than that this is an experience that you need to have for yourself.
Mai-Kai details
[PS: This last shot ended up being my project 52 entry for the week.]

No comments:

Post a Comment