Thursday, August 19, 2010

snapshots from an epic vacation

I'm linking my photos from Facebook and not writing too much because I am tired and trying to set up my 'new' computer but I couldn't not share them. And while I was checking Facebook (hours ago, but who cares?), I noticed that Rachel posted the teaser photos from our shoot on her blog.

I already shared with you my shots from Saturday so I'll skip right to the start of the Orlando leg of the adventure.

My boys like to goof off in the back seat. I told brotherface to hit Doug for asking repeatedly if we were there yet. I believe they were practicing for Marvel Superhero Island.

As soon as we got there and got in--which is a story in and of itself--we went right to lunch. As reigning dork supreme, I insisted upon lunch at Circuc McGurkus Cafe Stoo-pendus in Seuss Landing.

Was it worth it? I think so. From there, we rode the Cat in the Hat, One Fish, Two Fish, and the Cara-Seuss-el.

And of course, I would not be me if I did not attempted to move into the Lorax exhibit.

I waited for something exciting to happen at the intersection of Mulberry and Bliss so I could say "and to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street"... but nothing did.

From there, we moved on to exploring the Lost Continent. We did the Poseidon's Fury show and then quickly moved on from there.

Up next was the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was fangirl central and totally worth dorking out over. I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this but the special effects on the Forbidden Journey ride were enough to set off an anxiety attack.

I wanted to devour my weight in Bertie Botts but I held out because later, I got butterbeer!

There are no in focus photos of me and my butterbeer but Doug wears the foam well.

For the photography nerds, I could not get a decent exposure of Hogwarts castle because the stormy sky was super bright so I opted to go the HDR route. I'd like to argue that there is little else in my life as deserving of such treatment as the castle.

Moving on... Doug and I did Jurassic Park alone. My mother just isn't as into dinosaurs as we are and my brother doesn't really want to be dino chow and/or get wet. We got our own car on the water ride because the staff wanted to be able to be silly with us without anyone complaining. Sadly, the only exciting shot was when Doug was pretending to try to hop in the SUV.

We skipped Toon Lagoon completely because I was the only one who wanted to get wet and went straight onto (into?) Marvel Superhero Island. While riding the Hulk, I noticed a rainbow overhead and made a mad dash for Marjorie as soon as I got off.

We ended Sunday night at Pizzeria Uno's where I left a note for my bartender friend/surrogate brother and we ended up getting to kidnap their Star Wars convention banner.

Yes, mom really did unscrew the screws and pull out the nails with either her bare hands or a pair of scissors. My mother is kind of a legend amongst my friends.

Universal Studios on Monday was a lot more hectic and therefore, I have a lot less photos.

I don't really think the rain helped too much.

Doug was nice enough to stand in the rain with me to pose with Woody Woodpecker and we would have played in the Fievel playground if it hadn't been 'closed due to inclement weather'.

We ended the day at the 50s diner with soaked shoes and onion rings.

And yes, the sky really was that blue in the first photo once it stopped raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment