Friday, August 27, 2010

it's not what you see but how you see it

I was playing with these photos last night when a friend walked in and starting asking questions. The biggest question for each one was "where did you take that?" Every time I answer that I took it on the walk to Publix (less than a quarter mile away), he expressed a slight bit of dismay. He's probably passed these trees a million times (in his car) and never noticed what I captured yesterday. It's not Photoshop magic; the trees are magical enough just as they are.
tree magic
I was told, long before I got seriously into photography, that I had "an eye for composition." I think I just see things as they could be, instead of how they are. When you're always looking for faces and stars, you see the hidden potential in everything to be a face or a star. It's my sense of wonder, combined with my eye for composition, that makes me so happy when I go through my photos.

I also think it helps that this is how I see myself.
window walk reflection
I'm somewhere between an intrepid adventurer and a wannabe hipster. In other words, I am totally 'that girl with the camera.'

No comments:

Post a Comment