Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ava's tea party

Dear home,
I considered not blogging this. I have a hard time writing about Ava's tea party without getting all choked up and having tears come to my eyes. My mom and aunts know. I couldn't ask for suggestions about what to do without bursting into tears.
But on the other side of the coin, how could I not blog it? I gathered my friends together for a tea party in the arboretum, which I have always wanted to do, and we sat around laughing and talking and drinking tea for an hour and a half. I said I was doing this for Ava but in a lot of ways, I was doing it for me. I wanted to drink pink milk and eat cupcakes with my friends and be able to appreciate what I have and where I am before I launched into another stressful school year. I think that may have actually been part of Sheye's intention in starting this. I see it less as 'let's have a tea party because Ava never got to' and more like 'have a tea party so you can look back later and remember that you did and it was wonderful.'


my glass slippers, just in case I wanted to be a princess








I submitted this photo to the Ava's tea party Facebook group.


I'm not sure this is the kind of party the super princess would have chosen, especially the part about sitting on the ground, but I know it's the kind of thing that my 3 year old self would love. Especially the part about my hair being purple and the cupcakes being rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment