Monday, June 18, 2012

here's to keeping the future off the cutting room floor

I've been dreaming of owning a super 8 camera forever. Don't ask me why; I just did. And yes, that's past-tense for a reason. Sometimes, dreams come true.

Doug and I were at a yard sale on Saturday when we found a box. I don't remember who actually saw it first but I immediately claimed it as mine. There was a sticker on the side that said 'make an offer' so I did. The family running the sale told me that the grandparents got this camera when the daughter was born and *gasp!* never used it.
super 8 box
super 8 and box
super 8 unboxed

So now, I have a super 8. For reasons I cannot fully fathom, this is the only super 8 camera in existence that I can't find a manual for. I guess I'm just going to have to order some film and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment