Sunday, April 29, 2012

party like the Bloggess

For those of you who don't know, the Bloggess has really bad anxiety and frequently spends large gatherings/parties hiding in the bathroom. I can totally relate.

I was photographing a party last night and it was stressful. Doubly so because I knew about half the people there and was expected to both socialize and magically capture every single moment. At one point, I was so overwhelmed that I went to 'investigate' the bathroom.
party like the Bloggess 1

Luckily, my mom knows me pretty well. She remembers me hiding in the bathroom during her wedding (which was before the Bloggess started blogging) and so she came in to check on me. Since I had my camera with me, we decided to "party like the Bloggess." Unfortunately, there was no alcohol at this party so we just had to pretend to be drunk. It was still pretty awesome.
party like the Bloggess 2
party like the Bloggess 3
party like the Bloggess 4
And yes, I did photograph the majority of the party. My anxiety is for the most part under control enough these days that I can handle a party as long as I'm behind the camera.

Hopefully I won't end up hiding in the car when I go to her book signing on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment