Monday, March 26, 2012

film stories

Today was a rough day for me physically and emotionally. This is relevant to the story only because I was really, really down and needed a bit of a pick-me-up. So I was driving to get my brother when I got a phone call from Richard Photo Lab. They had a hard time reading my handwriting on the order form and wanted to get billing sorted out so they could get my prints out in today's FedEx pickup. Hello, pick-me-up! Also, hello amazing customer service.

These photos span over a year. I don't even remember what some of them are from anymore. I've been carrying around Ida in my bag forever. Where I can, I'll link back to the digital/original posts with the rest of the photos.
film scans triptych 1
film scans triptych 2
film scans triptych 3

This one is from Layla's wedding.
Layla wedding film scan

library cloud reflection film scan

These were taken as part of my whirlwind Salt Lake City adventure.
Utah trip film scans triptych
And this... this is my heart and soul. This is the only shot that I could not wait to see. I did not think that this would come out because it was dark in the Venue and I was trying to shoot ISO 200 film on a 1950s camera. I'm a little crazy sometimes but it's so worth it to say that I photographed Jack's Mannequin's soundcheck on a camera that has also photographed the Beatles.
Jack's Mannequin sound check film scan

film scans triptych 4
film scans triptych 5

These are from our Valentine's Day Up photo shoot.
film scans triptych 6

film scans triptych 7
film scans triptych 8

There were shot on my Holga. The broken one that the back fell off of when I was taking the top left shot of the sun rise while I was on the plane to Salt Lake. I'm only slightly upset about that. The rest of the photos are closer to home.
film scans Holga quad 1
film scans Holga quad 2


The best part about these scans? They're instant gratification for now while the prints are on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment