Monday, March 19, 2012

March madness [project 12]

Project 12 was supposed to be a very non-committal photo project: 1 theme each month for a year. After struggling a little with the deadlines for Project 52 last year, I was excited to have a little less stress and a little more breathing room. My life doesn't always give me time for my interests on someone else's timetable.

When the once a month thing just wasn't enough for the community, they decided to up the ante a little. Now there are four challenges for the month (one per week) but they're not on a strict deadline. This is exactly the compromise I wanted/needed and I know I'm not the only one.

I started writing this post the day I started in on March's challenges. I'll be adding the photos to the post and the group photo pool on Flickr as I finish them but you won't be able to see this post until I've finished. I'll try to explain a little something about each photo I've chosen and why I feel that it fits the theme.

Take a picture from a high vantage point, from above your subject
I took a Polaroid of my shoes on a walk to send to my friend Lauren. Then I put the Polaroid on my shoes to take a photo (much like she does).
project 12 - 1 - Polaroid shoes

Capture a photo using natural light.
I was driving home from work during the golden hour when it started to rain. There is something so magical about sunshowers.
Project 12 - March - 2 - sunshower

Express the following word in a photo: Transition
Winter turns into spring and tiny ferns uncurl their stems and unfurl their leaves.
[Note: I only used one for project 12 but I'm posting all 3 here.]
curly fern 1
curly fern 2
project 12 - March - 3 - curly fern 3

Create a "guess what" photo – this is a photo that is so close up that the subject becomes abstract.
I have some sparkly blue stress putty. When abstracted, it looks the sea. It reminds me of the Sea of Galilee in Israel.
Project 12 - March - 4 - Sea of Galilee

No comments:

Post a Comment