Sunday, November 27, 2011

fun at the fair

For Doug's birthday, we went to the Broward County Fair. We went right around golden hour and stayed until dusk. Truthfully, there weren't a lot of rides I could go on. (I mean, there's a weight limit on the swings and Kaylee put me over. Let's not even get started on the heart.) If I hadn't brought my camera, it might have been a disappointment.
Broward County Fair 1

My favorite part was looking at the animals. We may have walked away, scheming about what we can have when we build the hobbit house.
Broward County Fair 2
Broward County Fair 3
Broward County Fair 4

Some things haven't changed since I was a kid. I still love the look and the smell of the fair.
Broward County Fair 5
Broward County Fair 6
Broward County Fair 7
Broward County Fair 8
And I always leave, having made a few new friends. These two were rescues and I wish there could have been mine. There's just something about being loved on by a sheep that makes everything wonderful. And being 'kissed' like crazy by a goat is just as joyful.
Broward County Fair 9
Broward County Fair 10

The only rides we cared about: the swings and the Ferris wheel. One out of two isn't bad; we rode the Ferris wheel and the Flying Bob's (backwards bobsled).
Broward County Fair 11
Broward County Fair 12

No comments:

Post a Comment