Monday, July 18, 2011

props and fairy tales [I heart faces]

I blogged this photo once before when I first shot it but I felt it deserved to be showcased again, especially since I eventually want to print this on a giant canvas and display it proudly. The sleeping beauty shoot was originally an assignment for an art class but it took on a life of its own. I've always loved the story.
spinning beauty 7
This week's theme over at is props and this photo just would not be the same without any of the props. The princess brought the drop spindle and we dyed the roving together. I found the broken tiara on the side of the road on the way to where we shot all the photos. The fake blood is made of corn syrup and red food coloring. Simple, small details MAKE this shot for me. That, and my friend was willing to sacrifice her beautiful purple dress to make a fairy tale come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment