Wednesday, July 6, 2011

fireworks and fun

This is going to be a really long blog post. I'll try to keep the words short and sweet and the fireworks plentiful.

I wasn't planning on going out for the Fourth of July but my aunt called and promised me a comfy chair, cute twins, and lots of fireworks. Since I'm trying to get out and take photos more, I decided I would go. We went to Fort Lauderdale Beach and I had a lot of fun shooting out the window while we were trying to find a parking spot. I love the way so much of Fort Lauderdale is old enough to have character.
Oasis Cafe
Oasis Cafe cherry blossom lights
downtown wooden Indian
Fort Lauderdale 100th 4th of July
Fort Lauderdale throwback
golden beach building

When we got to the beach, I took a few photos of the boats and the boys and then settled into my chair. No need to overexert myself. Plus, I needed to set up my tripod (which wasn't completely level, no matter what I did).
July 4th boats






July 4th beach fireworks
July 4th beach fireworks 2


The fireworks were lovely. I could see in the distance the display on Hollywood Beach to the south and whatever city was to the north. I also got a kick out of the kids with glow sticks because you can see them on the shore in some of my shots.
July 4th fireworks 1
July 4th fireworks 2
July 4th fireworks 3
July 4th fireworks diptych 1
July 4th fireworks diptych 2
July 4th fireworks 4
July 4th fireworks diptych 3
July 4th fireworks diptych 4
July 4th fireworks 5
July 4th fireworks diptych 5
July 4th fireworks 6
July 4th fireworks diptych 6
July 4th fireworks 7
July 4th fireworks diptych 7
July 4th fireworks diptych 8
July 4th fireworks 8
July 4th fireworks diptych 9
July 4th fireworks 9
July 4th fireworks diptych 10
July 4th fireworks 10
July 4th fireworks diptych 11
July 4th fireworks 11
July 4th fireworks diptych 12
July 4th fireworks 23
July 4th fireworks diptych 13
July 4th fireworks 13
July 4th fireworks diptych 14
July 4th fireworks diptych 15
July 4th fireworks 14
July 4th fireworks 15
July 4th fireworks 16
July 4th fireworks diptych 16
July 4th fireworks 17
July 4th fireworks 18
July 4th fireworks 19
July 4th fireworks 20
July 4th fireworks 21
July 4th fireworks diptych 17
July 4th fireworks 22
July 4th fireworks 23
July 4th fireworks diptych 18
July 4th fireworks diptych 19
July 4th fireworks 24
July 4th fireworks diptych 20
July 4th fireworks diptych 21
July 4th fireworks diptych 21
July 4th fireworks diptych 23
July 4th fireworks diptych 24
July 4th fireworks diptych 24
July 4th fireworks in the distance

There were a few scary moments like when someone's bottle rocket backfired but for the most part, it was pretty awesome and lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment