Sunday, March 27, 2011

slice of life [I heart faces]

The theme over at is slice of life. It's both the most open-ended theme and a restriction at the same time.

This image I chose is a leap of faith for me. It is not perfect at all. I had my fisheye adapter on my lens so I could see everyone as we stood around the grill. We were making s'mores last night during Earth Hour and I decided I wanted to take pictures. There was no way I could pose anyone; I could barely keep them from moving in the time it took to trip the shutter. The light was uneven because it was mostly flickering flames with some ambient light from the streetlights (which I wish they had turned off). No flash, on-camera or off. Not even a tripod. But it was perfect. I was laughing with my friends as we set marshmallows on fire.
Earth Hour s'mores

11 comments:

  1. You know what I love about this photo the most? It's not "perfect"! I love the perspective with the fisheye adapter -- it's drawing me in and making me want to know more. I really am drawn to the table behind the grill... wondering what they're doing back there. Mostly though, it looks warm and inviting - the kind of place I'd love to be right now! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :)
    The table behind the grill is where the marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate are. Mmmmm s'mores!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fisheye and sheer joy of those ready to roast marshmallows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is AWESOME! Love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment love. The night affect is very cool, that's an area where I'd like to do more exploration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun photo!! Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. I guess bringing my fisheye was a great idea after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i seriously like this image. it's dreamy in the way that you know exactly what it would be like to be there roasting marshmallows and the fish eye effect is so cool. love it and now i really wanted some s'mores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks.
    I guess the consensus is that the fisheye adapter was a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete