Saturday, January 1, 2011

words

I don't keep a personal journal anymore. I just keep this, a photo blog full of letters home. I don't need words as much as I used to because I have finally gotten to the point where I own cameras I can communicate with. But I want words tonight because I lost my music. I found it and I'm copying it back but when my computer ate it, I thought my heart was going to stop. Someone suggested I have an external hard drive for cases like this and I do; I have an external full of photos because I know I couldn't be okay if I lost my photos.

I would rather have this than music.
06080818
But my heart aches just the same for having lost one as it would for the other. I'm copying back everything I can but I had forgotten how much music meant to me. While the rest of the world sees radio silence, I have my headphones. And my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment