Sunday, November 21, 2010

all paths lead to the sea

Somehow, I end up at the beach any time I need a dose of tranquility. The sea and I are usually on good terms and there used to be a torrid love affair. (I went to a marine science magnet program for high school.) So I wasn't too surprised when yesterday's drink run turned into a beach trip. It was a wonderful surprise and made me happy. I spent 45 minutes staring towards the horizon,watching the surfers take advantage of the beautiful waves.

surfers
(Image larger than usual to show detail)


I apologize for not having more images to show but the surfers proved that my camera is somewhat inadequate for meeting my needs. Even with ISO 1600, the highest ISO she's capable of, there wasn't enough light to get a decent shot. If I had a workable shutter speed, it was underexposed. If I had a decent amount of light, there was too much motion blur. And oh, the noise! I just could not get happy enough with more than 5 shots. I blame the dune for blocking the setting sun's light from reaching the surfers, but that's mostly because I can't stand being angry with Marjorie (my camera).

No comments:

Post a Comment